Professional Experience in Coaching
Edward Honnold, JD, LICSW, has extensive training and experience in coaching:
- More than 30 years of hands-on professional experience as a lawyer, personal counselor and business consultant;
- Professional training and experience with solution-oriented, short-term coaching and counseling models;
- 14 years of experience in the business world as a practicing lawyer, counseling corporate and individual clients on legal and business matters;
- Successful professional coaching relationships with partners in major law firms, law firm associates, and senior executives with trade associations and non-profit organizations;
- 20 years of experience with highly specialized career coaching for lawyers and other professionals;
- Organizational development consulting with a major trade association;
- Use of goal-setting and other coaching techniques in clinical work with hundreds of clients dealing with both professional and personal issues.
As both a psychotherapist and a lawyer, Edward Honnold, JD, LICSW:
- Draws extensively on the skills and perspectives of each profession in his business and personal coaching;
- Has dual licensure as a lawyer and clinical social worker, unlike many self-styled “coaches” in a field that has no licensing requirements; and
- Can use his psychotherapeutic skills, if needed, to identify and to address underlying emotional issues that coaching typically avoids.