Counseling Professionals Who Need More Sleep
HonnolDCounseling helps professionals in Washington who suffer sleep deprivation because they have no time for sleep, can’t fall asleep, sleep poorly, or wake up too early.
Sleep deprivation is a major social problem, affecting many professionals in Washington, D.C. Sleep loss impairs:
- professional functioning;
- personal relationships; and
- mental health, contributing to many mood disorders, especially depression.
HonnolDCounseling can help you assess and address your sleeping issues:
- Difficulty Falling Asleep: Fretful about their work and personal issues, many high-performing professionals are too anxious to fall asleep.
- Cutting Corners on Sleep: Resenting their loss of “personal time” because of work, and afraid of their insomnia, many professionals stay up too late, hoping they will fall asleep on the couch, or when they finally go to bed.
- Poor Quality of Sleep: Many professionals sleep poorly, rarely experiencing the benefits of prolonged, deep sleep.
- Difficulty Staying Asleep: Many professionals awaken frequently during the night, worried about their work or about financial and personal matters.
- Awakening Too Early: Other professionals wake up early and can’t get back to sleep, leaving them to fret in bed, get up early, and go to work exhausted.
To help you get a good night’s sleep, HonnolDCounseling can:
- Assess your sleep patterns to determine if you suffer a sleep disorder;
- Help you understand and practice the steps of good “sleep hygiene”;
- Assess underlying emotional causes of disrupted sleep;
- Address the connection between your work and sleep patterns;
- Discuss the benefits of regular exercise and “quiet time” for sleep;
- Assess the pros and cons of sleep medication; and
- If needed, refer you to a sleep clinic to assess for medical sleep disorders (such as sleep apnea).
Without sufficient sleep, life becomes a miserable and burdensome chore. HonnolDCounseling can help you get sufficient sleep in order to maintain your functioning, sustain your health, improve your perspective, and enhance your sense of “balance” in life, and peace of mind.