Counseling Professionals to Negotiate Love and Family Life
HonnolDCounseling helps professionals find a partner, sustain a marriage or other intimate relationship, improve family life, and navigate the emotional and practical challenges of a divorce, if needed.
Drawing on extensive professional training and 18 years of experience providing individual, couples and divorce counseling in Washington, D.C., HonnolDCounseling helps professionals build, sustain and negotiate significant personal relationships:
- Find a Partner: Many single professionals in Washington are too busy or stressed to make the effort needed to find a spouse or partner, or to sustain a meaningful relationship with one:
- Many single professionals are emotionally depleted and lonely, lacking the personal emotional support that comes from having a loving partner;
- HonnolDCounseling can help you manage the demands of your profession so that you can develop and sustain a meaningful personal life, including a committed, intimate relationship.
- Pay Attention to Your Marriage: Professionals in Washington who have a life partner often have difficulty sustaining the relationship:
- Dual-professional couples often struggle with issues of communication, intimacy and control.
- HonnolDCounseling can help you and your partner develop the skills you need to sustain and improve your marriage or other intimate relationship.
- In a confidential professional setting, HonnolDCounseling can help you (and your partner) improve your capacity for physical and sexual intimacy, and address personal issues that may interfere with sexual performance and satisfaction.
- Take Time for Kids: Many professionals shortchange their families, especially their children, because of the demands of professional life:
- Frustration from work may be displaced onto families, causing injury to family members and family relationships.
- HonnolDCounseling can help you build the emotional skills, and allocate the time you need, to sustain a healthy family life.
- Survive a Divorce: Despite best efforts, many marriages fail, leaving both spouses (and children) to contend with the emotional, financial and logistical fallout from a divorce.
- HonnolDCounseling can help you and your partner negotiate the early stages of a divorce in order to minimize conflict, support the children, and make decisions that can avoid costly and divisive legal process.
- Counseling can also help individuals undergoing a divorce to survive the emotional stress of separation and divorce, and to take steps to rebuild their lives after divorce.
- If children are involved, especially in the case of high-conflict divorce, HonnolDCounseling can provide highly specialized Parent Coordination services to help parents sharing joint legal custody make decisions collaboratively, in the best interests of their children.